The Art of the X chromosome

An art blog dedicated to the art of women. Often overlooked, derided as less than, forced to exist and grow in the shadow of male artists and critics .... women's art grew from tenaciousness, talent, and love for art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Modern women and links

Here are some links. I find them all over and since it is late this evening and I've not much brainpower left I'll post links. Following some of them might well lead you to an article that you can find interesting enough to bring to class!

100 women artists

That one is about this sites picks for 100 interesting women artists. :) I think it's interesting how the subjective works in every aspect of art, no matter if it's about men or women.

My own choice for an article for Thursday is Agusta Savage, who came up through the Harlem Renaissance. I love her work, I find it full of emotion and (best of all for me) it is 3-D.

Augusta Savage

I find the work of the women sculptors to be more interesting to me than the painters and printers, I wonder if we all gravitate to the style of work we like to do ourselves?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home