The Art of the X chromosome

An art blog dedicated to the art of women. Often overlooked, derided as less than, forced to exist and grow in the shadow of male artists and critics .... women's art grew from tenaciousness, talent, and love for art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Current Art

I did a search for "Femisist Women Art" and came up with this site. I suggest you go take a look here. http://www.artwomen.org/currentmain.htm as there are some wonderful things there.

And while I was at it....... I found this site which is mostly a directory of Feminist Women's Art Sites. :) Also some very wonderful art there, some interesting articles, some fabulous opinions. I could actually spend hours running through stuff like this. It fascinates me that someone puts such a site together, and also seeing what they pick. They're actually acting as a curator for such a thing, and I think it's wonderful that folks get to do that. I also think it's great that the standard art critic interface has been bypassed in places like this.

So go ahead. Be a maverick! Go see art curated by someone whose credentials you don't know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home